There is nothing as good as having the right climate around you. Sometimes the natural weather can become non-conducive.
That is why we need thermostats in our homes. Honeywell T4 Thermostat is among the best you can have in the market.
It is an easy-to-use device that you can program. Everything about it is amazing and streamlined, from its installation to usage.
One of the amazing features you deserve to know about the Honey T4 Thermostat is that it is simple to control.
The Resideo, the manufacturers, had the user in mind when they were making this thermostat. Right from the installation to the usage, all are simple.
It comes with its installation menu on its screen in steps. You just have to push a button to set your schedule and the desired temperature to schedule it.
Second, unlike the other thermostat, it has Artificial Intelligence. It can calculate how long your system takes to reach the desired temperature.
It will activate the system earlier to set the temperature at the desired time for a scheduled temperature.
Third, unlike the other thermostats, you have to be always around to set; for Honey T4 Thermostat, you can input the schedule for a whole week. Including special temperature for weekends. You can just set it and forget.
How do I program my Honeywell T4 Thermostat?
If there is something so special about the Honeywell T4 thermostat is the ability to schedule it so you will not have to be around it all the time.
This saves you time, and it’s for your comfort. There are some options you can program, and some cannot be programmed but can be set according to your schedule. Below are the steps to program it from scratch.
Base programming from the scratch
- Step 1: Power it on, then push the select button to switch on the screen.
- Step 2: Set the date correctly. You will begin by pressing the plus or the minus button, selecting the current year, followed by the select button. After the year, it will take to the month, followed by the day.
- Step 3: Select the clock format of your preference, either a 12 or 24-hour clock system.
- Step 4: Like you have been doing in the rest, use the plus and minus buttons to set the time. Be cautious in setting the time; a single mistake can ruin the whole program schedule.
Programming Honeywell T4 Thermostat system
- Step 1: First, go to the home screen by pressing the home button.
- Step 2: Select the mode you want from your system. You do this by pressing the mode button, and the mode cycle will appear on the screen, Heat or cool.
- Step 3: You can set the program schedule by pressing the menu. From here, you can be able to access the advanced settings. Use the plus and the minus button to customize it according to your preferences.
- Step 4: After going through the advanced menu, you will find the PROG option. Select it. Two choices will appear, on and off, using the same plus and minus buttons; you can select your choice.
- Step 5: After selecting step 4, you can now use the same plus and minus buttons to navigate through to create your program. For each day, you have four periods except the weekends.
- Wake; that is when you wake up.
- Away; when you leave home, maybe for a job.
- Home; when you return from work in the evening.
- Sleep; when you go to bed.
- Step 6: With the above options, you can select the one you want to edit. Set the exact time for each period. After that, you will have to input the temperature you want for each period.
- Step 7: If you want to remove one among the four periods, you can use the plus and minus buttons to switch it on or off, then select the button.
- Step 8: Press the home button after everything is set according to your preference. Before the home screen appears, an option to save the changes will appear. Save the changes.
- Step 9: This is the last part of the programming. There are two choices, an Automatic fan, which will only run when the system is on, and Fan on, in which the fun will always run. To key in your choice, press the fun button and choose between the two. Then back to the home screen.
Does Honeywell T4 thermostat have Wi-Fi?
It is a fact that electronic appliances are rapidly changing, and there is pressure to keep up with them, for there is no moving back.
One of the appliances to be affected by this change is the thermostat. Honeywell T4 thermostat is one of the Wi-Fi thermostats available on the market. If you are looking for a model that will last you long, consider the Honeywell T4 thermostat.
In terms of operation, there is no great difference between a wireless thermostat and a programmable thermostat.
Both have been built for the same purpose: for energy efficiency and temperature control. Like the other programmable thermostats, they can detect the temperatures at your home and activate the system to cool or heat. Also, it can be set or programmed according to your periods of the day.
However, the difference between a standard programmable thermostat and a Honeywell T4 thermostat that Wi-Fi features are that it can connect to the internet, hence allowing you to control it remotely.
This means that it is not a must for you to be at its screen or at home to change the settings of the schedule.
With an electronic gadget such as a laptop, a mobile phone, and a tablet, you can manipulate the settings as long as you have an internet connection to the thermostat and the gadget.
Changing the settings and the schedule of the Honeywell T4 thermostat is not the only advantage of its ability to connect to Wi-Fi; it can also monitor your location.
Using the connection to your phone, it can access your GPS. It can be able to know when you are almost home and prepare you good temperature conditions for your arrival.
It can also connect to the local weather forecast and the climate condition at home to dictate whether the system will cool or Heat.
Does The Honeywell T4 Thermostat Have A Battery?
Batteries power the Honeywell T4 thermostat. However, you cannot see the battery icon on the screen when the thermostat is on.
You can only see the battery icon when the batteries run low on power. That is the only proof you have that batteries power your thermostat.
Even though changing batteries is very easy and simple, the many models of the Honeywell thermostats can be confusing since there is slight variation in the process.
How do you know when to replace the Batteries?
The battery icon will appear on the screen when the batteries are running low. That is when the battery reaches 10%. It indicates that you should start preparing to change the batteries soon.
When the batteries reach 2%, the caution icon, followed by the battery icon, will flash on the screen.
That indicates that you should change the batteries to ensure there is no disruption to the whole system. In case it goes off, that means that you will come to re-program the thermostat.
Also, the backlight of the thermostat will be off. It disables it to save on power. The Honeywell T4 thermostat uses 2, 1.5 V LR6 AA Alkaline batteries for replacement. No other batteries.
How to replace Honeywell T4 Thermostat batteries
- Step 1: The first thing is disconnecting the thermostat from the power source. It will reduce exposure to live wire which can lead to electric shock.
- Step 2: Press the cover battery back and then pull it off. Note that if you do not press it correctly, it cannot come off at the bottom and will be hard to remove.
- Step 3: slide the battery compartment out, and remove the old batteries with the new AA 1.5V batteries. Make sure that they match the polarity.
- Step 4: Refix the back plate that covers the batteries as it was.
How do you use a Honeywell T4 thermostat?
The Honeywell T4 thermostat will have mounting materials, an amazing plate to cover, screws, 2 AA batteries, and a thermostat manual.
The manual is the most important thing in that package regarding installation. Before using the thermostat, familiarize yourself with the buttons, the properties on the screen, and the controls.
Honeywell T4 thermostat has five buttons. At the far left is the minus button. It is used to lower the digits and go upward on the screen list.
When setting time, date, and temperature, as well as the choices in settings, you require both the plus and the minus buttons.
The mode button follows it. There are two modes, Heat or cool. It is used when changing the mode. The menu button at the center takes you to the main screen.
Also, using the menu button, you can access advanced settings where you can program the system according to your preference.
At the right of the menu button is the Fan button. It is used in entering fan settings, either on or off.
The thermostat screen at the top left corner displays time, and the programmed schedule is below. At the top right is the display of the system status information.
It displays information like Heat on, when the system is heating, Cooling on, Recovery, and Compressor Protection.
At the center of the screen is the actual temperature of the indoors, and below it, in large numbers, are the set temperatures.
How To reset the Honeywell T4 thermostat?
Even though the Honeywell thermostat is among the best in the market in terms of quality and durability, it can get to a time when it can fail to function.
Resetting it is one of the ways you can use to resolve any problem with it. Since Honeywell thermostat T4 has Wi-Fi connecting features, there are several resetting that you can do.
It is the most common reset; it returns the thermostat to its original settings when it was coming from the factory.
It deletes the schedule you are using.
It will forget all the Wi-Fi you have connected to before.
You can perform a factory reset of the Honeywell T4 thermostat in two ways. First,
- Step 1: While the thermostat is on, you can hold on to the main menu for 5 seconds.
- Step 2: use the plus and minus buttons to navigate the RESET option.
- Step 3: Select Factory and confirm. The thermostat will reset.
You can also reset manually by;
- Step 1: Disconnect the thermostat from the power source.
- Step 2: Remove the batteries and place them against the polarity for 5 seconds.
- Step 3: Remove the batteries and insert them correctly. It has reset to factory rest.
How to troubleshoot Honeywell T4 thermostat
If you experience difficulties with the thermostat, here are things to do to resolve them.
When the display is blank
- Examine whether the circuit breaker is working; if not, reset it.
- Make sure the switch is on for either cooling or heating.
- Confirm the furnace door is well closed
- Confirm the batteries are well placed.
Temperature settings are not changing
- Using the mode button, set the temperature higher or lower than the indoor temperature.
- Check the circuit breaker, and reset it if necessary.
- Confirm the switch for power is on.
- Confirm the furnace door is well closed
- Wait for some time to see if there will be a change.
- ‘Cool on’ or ‘heat on’ is flashing.
- Give the thermostat more than 5 seconds, and it will restart without damage.
Where can I download the Honeywell T4 Thermostat installation manual?
When purchasing the Honeywell thermostat, it is accompanied by a manual. However, you can lose this manual or prefer it on your phone or laptop.
The Installation manual for Honeywell T4Thermostat is readily available on Honeywell’s official website.
Where can I buy a Honeywell t4 thermostat?
Honeywell T4 thermostat is readily available in the market at the shops near you. Also, by contacting Honeywell manufacturers, they can arrange how it will reach you.
For online shopping platforms such as Amazon, it will be delivered to your doorstep, no matter your location.
Honeywell thermostats never disappoint; that is why many customers are going for them. Recently, there has been significant development in technology in their products. A good example is the Wi-Fi thermostat.